- How To Use
Removing scratches and scrapes has never been easier! If you're going for a custom look, the Pryme flap wheels work great for sanding away casting lines too. These wheels have fiber pad in between flaps of sandpaper for smooth and effective material removal.
- Mounts on die grinder
- Includes wheels in 1" and 2" diameter.
- 1" wide with a 1/4" shaft (best used with a die grinder, can be used on a high speed drill too).
- Offered in grits of 80, 180, and 320.
- Use 80 grit for blending in deep scratches and removal of casting material, 180 grit for light scratches, and 320 grit as a finishing wheel.
- Creates a consistent finish, with little waves or warping.
- Works great for paint preparation too.
- Leaves behind a brushed look, can be further finished with Pryme Cleaning Wheels.
- Max RPM: 25,000
- Best for aluminum, but can be used on steel, stainless steel, and brass with great results too (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion).
- Sold in sets of 2, 4, and 8 to save you some cash!
Click on "Video" tab to see the wheels in use.
-Die grinder not included.
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Want to purchase the wheels individually?
Finish your parts further with a Cleaning Wheel.
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Sanding, Flap, Drum, Fiber, Buff, Buffing, Scotch Brite Wheel, Scotch Brite Pad, Abrasive Wheel, Abrasive Pad, Buffing Wheel, Buffing Pad
This wheel is designed to be used on an air die grinder, or could be used on a drill as well. The best results will come with it on a die grinder.
Recommended Die Grinders
Ingersoll Rand Grinder Click Here
Neiko Grinder Click Here
If you don't have an air compressor, here is a good electric die grinder Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust us, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles! At the bare minimum, wear a dust mask and glasses.
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, it's recommended to get some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that we use Click Here
- Slide the shaft of the wheel into the tool at least 3/4” deep and tighten lock nut.
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- Applying a lubricant such as WD40 or Maxima MPPL to the part during sanding will help acheive a smoother finish.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it. Adjust the orientation of the part accordingly.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Tracking Information Tracking numbers will be uploaded to the order page and sent to your email inbox. It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking page to show the most recent information.
We are not to be held responsible for stolen or lost packages, packages sent to the wrong address, or refunding/replacing packages in these scenarios. It is the customer's responsibility to file all shipping claims.
Returns We accept returns within 14 days after your item has been delivered. If 14 days have gone by since your item was delivered, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. To initiate a return please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. The item must be unused / unworn and original tags attached. No returns allowed on sale/clearance items.
Refunds Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days.
Late or Missing Refunds If you haven’t received a refund for your return yet, first check your bank account. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Shipping Costs You will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs of your item. Additionally, the original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Exchanges If you need to exchange an item, please see our refund policy above and include exchange instructions with the return. We do not offer exchanges on out of stock items. If the item is out of stock then we will refund you instead. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs on exchanges.
Incorrect or Defected Item If we made a mistake with your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide a return label if an exchange needs to be made. You must notify us within 14 days of delivery of any defects with the item. Any claims past 14 days will be considered wear and tear, and cannot be replaced.
I like to customize cars and have a couple I take to shows. I love these little wheels and they are now my go to for those harder to reach spots that the bigger wheels can’t get to. Found out about this product on YouTube and now I am telling and my car guys about this brand. Solid product man! 🤙
Thanks for the great feedback Scott, happy to hear the wheels have made a difference for you! It means a lot to have your support of Pryme!
Small Flap Wheel Pack
Thanks for your review Eelis!
Great personal customer service, awesome products
Thanks for the great review Kenneth! It means a lot to have your feedback on the products.
Excellent product made my life easier gonna need to place another order… gotta check if you have longer shafts for a drill
Thanks for the awesome review Alex, happy to hear the wheels have made a difference for you. Unfortunately, we don't carry these flap wheels with a longer shaft. If the shaft is any longer, it is prone to bending during use.
After watching Cam restore bikes for the past several years, I finally decided to redo my 02 RM250. The flap wheel and smaller sanding discs are amazing and make the restoration a breeze. If your thinking about redoing a bike, don’t hesitate to get on the Pryme website and order some products today. You won’t be disappointed!
Thanks for the great review Eric, I'm happy to hear the products have been making a difference on your project! Your business is much appreciated, looking forward to working with you again.