- How To Use
Bring your old parts back from the dead with a Pryme 2" cleaning wheel.
- Mounts on die grinder
- 2" diameter
- 1/4" shaft (best used with a die grinder, can be used on a high speed drill too)
- Available in 1" or 2" wide
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper
- Cleans and brightens metals such as aluminum, steels, titanium, brass, and others. (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion)
- Perfect for cleaning parts like crankcases, clutch covers, triple clamps, and linkage pieces, 2" wide works great on swingarms and frames
- Achieves a brushed type finish, use the Flap Wheels for scratch removal and shaping
- Also great for paint preparation
- Max RPM: 25,000
- Sold individually or in a pack of 3 or 5 to save you some cash!
Click on "Video" tab to see the wheel in use.
-Die grinder not included
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Use a Flap Wheel for more aggressive sanding.
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Sanding, Drum, Dremel Attachment, Buff, Buffing
This wheel is designed to be used on an air die grinder, or could be used on a drill as well. The best results will come with it on a die grinder.
My recommended die grinder Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Ingersoll Rand Grinder Click Here
Neiko Grinder Click Here
If you don't have an air compressor, here is a good electric die grinder Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles! At the bare minimum, wear a dust mask and glasses.
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, I'd recommend getting some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that I use Click Here
And of course, always a good idea to wear gloves Click Here
- Slide the shaft of the wheel into the tool at least 3/4” deep and tighten lock nut.
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- Applying a lubricant such as WD40 or Maxima MPPL to the part during sanding will help acheive a smoother finish.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it. Adjust the orientation of the part accordingly.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Awesome products great service thanks
Thanks for the great review Mike! Happy to hear the products are working well for you. Your business is much appreciated!
I’ve received a lot of packages. Nicely packed packages and not so nicely packed parcels. This is by far the best absolute most awesome package I’ve received. I got lucky and they sent me a buck. The wheels work fast and end result looks amazing. Thank you Cam!
Your feedback is much appreciated Thomas! It means a lot to get positive remarks like this. Thanks for supporting Pryme, looking forward to doing business with you again in the future!
Item work great! Great value for the money. Thank you
Thank you for the great review John! Your business is greatly valued.
I have ordered many products from Cam for the last 5 years and they have been nothing but top quality!
Your feedback is greatly appreciated Scott! Thanks for supporting Pryme all these years!
I used the wheel to clean up some aluminum parts that were rusted on my old bike that Im restoring from when I was 16. The bike is looking pretty mint now for being 24 years old, and look forward towards using the wheel in my YZ125 project.
Wow that's some great results with the wheel, bike looks great! Thanks for sharing that picture along with your review!