Stop stripping out screw heads! If you own a motorcycle (or car, bicycle, camera, etc) that is made in Japan, you need a set of Japanese Industry Standard (JIS) screwdrivers.
- Sold in a set of 3, or as individual screwdrivers as well
- Made in Japan
- #1 - 6" long (mostly used on M3 & M4 thread screws)
- #2 - 8" long (commonly used on M5 & M6 thread screws)
- #3 - 10" long (commonly used on M6 & M8 thread screws)
- Magnetic tip ensures screws stay on screwdriver
- The tang through design (steel shaft from end to end) allows you to tap on the handle of screwdriver to help loosen screws
- Textured rubber grip prevents the screwdriver from slipping in your hand
- Each driver is marked with it's size, ensuring you use the correct screwdriver each time
We all know how frustrating it is when the head of a screw is damaged to the point it cannot be removed. Many times this occurs because an incorrect screwdriver is used.
Anything manufactured in Japan uses a JIS type screw head, not a Phillips. JIS and Phillips tips look very similar, but upon further inspection the JIS head is quite different. The point of the JIS tip is shorter, and the angles are sharper. A Phillips tip is designed to "cam out" or spin in the screw after a certain amount of torque, which is why the edges are more rounded. Using a Phillips screwdriver in a JIS screw usually results in a few swear words and having to drill the screw out.
Most of the time, a JIS screw can be identified with a dot or "X" mark on the head of the screw. Another way to tell if a screw is JIS is if a JIS screwdriver can hold the screw horizontally without the screw falling out.
So whether you have a Honda motorcycle, Toyota truck, Canon camera, or anything else produced in Japan, a set of JIS style screwdrivers will come in handy.
Love theses great screw drivers
Thanks for your feedback Kris! Happy to hear you're satisfied with the screwdrivers. Your support of Pryme is greatly appreciated!
Nice screw driver set .
Thanks for your review Thomas! Happy to hear you're satisfied with the screwdrivers. Your support of Pryme is greatly appreciated!
Great screw drivers for the money! Would recommend!
Thanks for your feedback Keith, it means a lot! Happy to hear you're satisfied with the screwdrivers. Your support of Pryme is greatly appreciated!
Thanks for sharing your review Edison!
The shipping was super fast, The product is amazing and the price is spot on, Thank you for everything that you have done in the motorcycle community, I hope you get well soon
Thanks for the great feedback on the screwdrivers Walter! Happy to hear you're satisfied with them. Your support of Pryme is much appreciated!