- Bleeder Instructions
Replace your brake fluid and bleed the brakes with less mess and hassle. This syringe attaches to the bleeder valve on your brake system and allows you to suction out old fluid, and replenish the system with new fluid.
- Heavy duty 60ml syringe
- 6 inch chemical resistant hose
- 1 spring clamp to secure hose to bleeder valve
Removing Old Brake Fluid From Brake System
1. Compress the syringe all the way down.
2. Connect end of hose to the bleeder valve on caliper, securing hose in place with clamp.
3. Open bleeder valve and pull plunger out, suctioning the old brake fluid into the syringe.
4. Refer to the next section of this guide on how to add new fluid and bleed the system.
Starting From An Empty Brake System
1. Compress the syringe all the way down.
2. Put the end of the hose into a bottle of brake fluid and pull plunger out, suctioning fluid into the syringe. Most motorcycle brakes will require at least 50ml of fluid.
3. Connect end of the hose to the bleeder valve on the caliper, securing hose in place with the clamp.
4. Make sure master cylinder cap is removed so air can escape out the top, then loosen bleeder valve on caliper.
5. Push fluid into caliper by compressing plunger, it helps to tap or flick the brake line so no air bubbles form as you're adding fluid to the system.
6. Continue pushing fluid until the master cylinder is 3/4 way full.
7. Make 100% sure you don't run out of brake fluid in the syringe.
8. Close bleeder valve.
9. Pump the lever several times to build up pressure in the system, then check the fluid level again.
10. If the lever has a spongy feel, you will need to bleed the system.
1. Pump the lever several times and hold, then loosen the bleeder valve for a second, while still holding pressure on lever.
2. Leave the bleeder on the valve to catch fluid.
3. Pump lever several times again to build up pressure, repeat process again until you achieve adequate pressure.
4. As you're bleeding, keep an eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder. If it runs dry you'll have to start all over again since you now have air in the system.
5. If you're bleeding brakes by yourself and cannot crack open the bleeder valve and hold lever at the same time, get an old plastic water bottle and fill halfway with brake fluid. Then poke a hole in the cap and stick the bleeder hose through, making sure the end of the hose is well into the fluid. Attach the other end of hose to the bleeder valve with clamp. You can now pump the brakes with the bleeder valve open without worrying about fluid entering the system.
1. If you cannot get good pressure with your brake system, try zip tying your lever to the handlebars overnight. This will force all the air bubbles to the top of the system.
2. Bleeding with the banjo bolt on the caliper (the one that holds on the brake line) sometimes will do the trick if the bleeder valve isn’t working for you.
3. If all else fails, check your master cylinder and caliper for leaking seals and inspect brake line for bulging or leaks.
Tags: Brake Bleeder, Bleeding Syringe, Hydraulic Bleeder, Brake Syringe, Bleed Brakes
The easiest way to bleed brakes.
Couldn't be happier with how this bleeder worked. Had to pull on syringe after filling with bleeder closed then pump lever up and bleed 6 or so times but, after that I have great pressure. Could not be easier.
Thanks for another great product Pryme MX!
PS: Mirror clipped on brake lever ($10 on Amazon) worked great. No worries about over filling MC.
Great report on the bleeder Robert, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good idea on the mirror as well, I'll have to implement that into the next project.
Excellent quality, compact/functional design and great instructions. Additionally, cleanup is a breeze.
I'm happy to hear positive feedback on the bleeder! Thanks for sharing your review.
Definitely made bleeding and changing brake fluid a lot easier. Worked great on both my Crf450r’s. Really recommend this for the price and ease of use.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the bleeder, great to hear it's doing the trick for you! Your business is much appreciated Neil!
I have bought many products from cam and have never been disappointed! This works extremely well and is way cheaper than competitors! Would recommend this and any other product from Pryme to anyone!
I appreciate the great review Kaden, happy to hear it's working well for you. Thanks for your ongoing support of Pryme!