- How To Use
Bring your old parts back from the dead with a Pryme V2 cleaning wheel. Cleans and brightens metals such as aluminum, steels, titanium, brass, and others. These wheels make the process of restoration too much fun, don't be afraid to stock up so you don't run out!
This wheel is similar to the original fine cleaning wheel, but has been improved upon. It still produces an excellent brushed shine, but lasts twice as long and is available in a wider width for a more consistent finish.
- Mounts on a bench grinder / buffing machine
- 6" diameter
- Available in 1" wide
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper
- Achieves a brushed type finish, use the Rough Wheels or Flap Wheels for scratch removal and material shaping
- Works great for paint preparation too
- Best for aluminum, but can be used on steel, stainless steel, and brass with great results (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion).
- Available for 1/2" (12.7mm), 5/8" (16mm), and 3/4" (19mm) buffer shaft sizes
- Max RPM: 3600
- Sold individually, or in packs of 3, 5, and 10 to save you some cash!
- Use a wider wheel for larger, more open parts and use thinner wheel for parts that have tighter areas
Click on "Video" tab to see the wheel in use.
-Buffer motor or stand not included
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
A Wheel Flange Set keep the wheels securely in place.
Space the wheels away from the machine with a Wheel Spacer.
Check out the video below of the wheel in action!
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Buff, Buffing, Scotch Brite Wheel, Scotch Brite Pad, Abrasive Wheel, Abrasive Pad, Buffing Wheel, Buffing Pad
These wheels are designed to be used on a buffing machine or bench grinder. They can be used on a machine with a 1/2", 5/8", or 3/4" shaft. For a buffing machine, you'll want at least a 1/2 HP motor that spins at 3000 RPM. One with an extended shaft is best, so you have lots of clearance to buff your parts. If you'll be doing lots of buffing, opt for a 3/4 HP motor.
2 Speed 3/4 HP Baldor Buffer (will last a lifetime)
If you have a machine but need the big washers that hold the wheels in place Click Here
To space the wheels away from the machine for more clearance Click Here
To extend the shaft on your buffer Click Here
To use the wheels on a drill Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust us, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles! At the bare minimum, wear a dust mask and glasses.
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, it's recommended to get some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that we use Click Here
- Secure wheel to buffer shaft with a flange on either side. On some wheels, you may have to spin the wheel to help it onto the shaft on the larger 5/8" and 3/4" shaft sizes.
- Tighten down the nut until the wheel is secure on the shaft and doesn’t spin (use a spacer if your nut bottoms out on the threads).
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it. Adjust the orientation of the part accordingly.
- The sweet spot to buff on the wheel is between 4 and 5 o’clock. Look at your buffing machine from the left side, and picture where 4 and 5 o’clock are on the wheels. That is where you will want the part to touch the wheel when buffing.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Tracking Information Tracking numbers will be uploaded to the order page and sent to your email inbox. It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking page to show the most recent information.
We are not to be held responsible for stolen or lost packages, packages sent to the wrong address, or refunding/replacing packages in these scenarios. It is the customer's responsibility to file all shipping claims.
Returns We accept returns within 14 days after your item has been delivered. If 14 days have gone by since your item was delivered, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. To initiate a return please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. The item must be unused / unworn and original tags attached. No returns allowed on sale/clearance items.
Refunds Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days.
Late or Missing Refunds If you haven’t received a refund for your return yet, first check your bank account. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Shipping Costs You will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs of your item. Additionally, the original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Exchanges If you need to exchange an item, please see our refund policy above and include exchange instructions with the return. We do not offer exchanges on out of stock items. If the item is out of stock then we will refund you instead. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs on exchanges.
Incorrect or Defected Item If we made a mistake with your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide a return label if an exchange needs to be made. You must notify us within 14 days of delivery of any defects with the item. Any claims past 14 days will be considered wear and tear, and cannot be replaced.
Originally I tried off the shelf 3M wheels and they did not work at all. After seeing these mentioned in a video by MXRevival, I bought the full kit and am fully impressed. They part finish is excellent, the wheel is lasting a long time, minimal pressure is required, it doesn't try to grab the part and pull it from my hands. This is an all around game changing tool.
Thanks for sharing your feedback on the wheels Joshua! It's great to hear they've made a difference for you. Looking forward to doing business with you again in the future!
Installed this wheel on my variable speed grinder. Placed on lowest RPM to avoid putting heat into the work piece. Took about 1/8 inch off the wheel to do these two pieces which were heavily rusted.
Chris, your feedback is greatly valued! Thanks for sharing a picture along with your review. It means a lot to have your business!
Review title says it all great products already put them to use. Thanks for the fast shipping.
Your feedback is much appreciated Bryan! Thank you for supporting Pryme!
Great work Thomas! Thanks for sharing those pictures along with your review. Your business is greatly appreciated.
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Ther are my #1 go to tool for cleaning all my dirtbike parts that I want to shine. Steel or aluminum. Thanks Cam!!!
I appreciate the awesome review man, stoked to hear the products are working well for you! Your business is greatly valued Damon.