- How To
What Does It Do?
These pads clean and shine metals such as aluminum, steel, stainless steel, brass, copper, titanium, and others. Rust, corrosion, and minor scuffs can be removed with the coarse pad.
Works well for buffing off boot markings on frames and swingarms, or touching up previously finished parts. Also useful for achieving a consistent brushed look on larger parts.
- 1 Hand Sander
- 3 Fine Grade Pads
- 3 Coarse Grade Pads
Click on "Video" tab to see the kit in use.
- Available in 3" and 5" sizes
- Fine pads are equivalent to 400 grit
- Coarse pads are equivalent to 240 grit
- Pads are attached using a hook and loop style
These pads are made from a nylon strand material that is embedded with resin and an aluminum oxide abrasive for optimal stiffness and abrasion.
How To Use
Buff by hand with these pads, no power tools needed.
- Attach pad onto hand sander.
- Use coarse pad to remove corrosion, rust, and light scratches. These pads will not remove deep scratches or casting lines. Use a flap wheel, sandpaper, or coarse cleaning wheel for scratch and casting removal.
- The fine pads wear quicker, so only use when giving your part a finishing shine.
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the pads, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Use only light to medium pressure with the pad or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive pad.
- In order to make the pads last as long as possible, be careful around sharp edges.
- To achieve a higher shine and smoother finish, buff with a lubricant such as Maxima MPPL or WD40.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Buff, Buffing, Scotch Brite Wheel, Scotch Brite Pad, Abrasive Wheel, Abrasive Pad, Buffing Wheel, Buffing Pad, Sanding Pad, Scuff Pad, Scrub Pad
Last much longer then other brands, extremely impressed! Cleaned my swingarm up in less then 10 minutes, would’ve take hours if I tried anything else!
Thanks for sharing your experience with the pads, happy to hear they're working well for you! Your support of Pryme is much appreciated!
Work great just from using it a bit my frame looks brand new! Thanks cameron
Thanks for sharing your review Wyatt! Your feedback is much appreciated. Happy to hear the pads are making a difference for you.
Consistently awesome products and service from Pryme.
Thanks for the great feedback Hal! It means a lot to have your support of Pryme!