- How To Use
Take your cleaning anywhere a drill can go with the Pryme drill cleaning wheel kit. Works with any drill or tool that has a drill chuck. Recommended to be used with a high speed drill of 2500 RPM or higher.
The large kit includes 1 fine grade wheel, 1 rough grade wheel, and drill adapter. The wheels are 4" in diameter.
The mini kit includes 4 fine grade wheels, 4 rough grade wheels and drill adapter (your choice of standard or extended length). Wheels come in sizes from 1" to 2.5" in diameter.
- Use the rough wheels for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheels for a smooth, brushed type finish
- Works great for paint preparation too
- Best for aluminum, but can be used on steel, stainless steel, and brass with great results (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion).
- Proudly made in the USA
Fine Wheel Specs:
Bring your old parts back from the dead with a Pryme fine cleaning wheel. Cleans, brightens, and leaves behind a brushed type finish.
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper
- 3/8" thick
Rough Wheel Specs:
For those of you looking to smooth out scratches, scrapes, or casting lines, the Pryme rough grade wheel is the ticket! Also works great for removal of rust, corrosion, and paint.
- Comparable to 180 grit sandpaper
- 3/8" thick
Drill Adapter Specs:
- Includes mounting hardware for wheels
- 1/4" diameter shaft
- Standard length is 2.25" long, extended length is 4" long
- Manufactured from steel for excellent durability
Click on "Video" tab to see the kit in use.
-Does not include drill.
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Check out the video below of the kit in action.
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Sanding, Drum, Buff, Buffing, Drill Attachment, Wheel Adapter, Adapter, Mandrel, Shank, Drill, Chuck
- Install wheel onto adapter shaft.
- Slide adapter shaft at least 3/4" into drill, securely fasten, and get cleaning!
- Use rough wheels to remove scratches, pits, or casting marks.
- The fine wheels wear quickly, so only use when giving your part a finishing shine.
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- The wheels work best at high RPM, so turn your drill to the speed setting.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
This product is designed to be used on a high speed drill with a minimum of 2500 RPM, or could be used on a die grinder as well.
Genesis Drill Click Here
DeWalt Drill Click Here
Harbor Freight Drill Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles! At the bare minimum, wear a dust mask and glasses.
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, I'd recommend getting some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that I use Click Here
And of course, always a good idea to wear gloves Click Here
Great product and exceptional service. Would highly recommend.
Thanks for sharing your review Steve! Happy to hear you're satisfied with the purchase. Your business is greatly appreciated!
The cleaning wheels worked great! Cam sent me extra wheels too. Great customer service.
I'm happy to hear the wheels are making a difference for you! Thanks for sharing your feedback on the products Grant!
Absolutely blown away with the results I got out of both the pads sent with the kit! The stiffer one is great for removing any casting marks or big scratches and the softer one gives everything a really nice brushed finish!
Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear the wheels are doing the trick for you! Your business is greatly appreciated.
Looks great Jacob, thanks for sharing that picture! Your business is much appreciated.
it clean gucci, i glad me cop the thing.
Thanks for the review, glad you're stoked with the kit!