- How To Use
The Pryme mini cleaning wheels are your go to for cleaning in tight areas where bigger wheels can't get to. Must be used with a dremel or die grinder adapter.
Includes 1", 1.5", and 2" fine grade wheels and 1", 1.5", and 2" coarse grade wheels.
- Use the coarse wheels for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheels for a smooth, brushed type finish
- Works great for paint preparation too
- Best for aluminum, but can be used on steel, stainless steel, and brass with great results (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion).
- 1/8" center hole
- Proudly made in the USA
Fine Wheel Specs:
Bring your old parts back from the dead with a Pryme fine cleaning wheel. Cleans, brightens, and leaves behind a brushed type finish.
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper
- 3/8" thick
- Max RPM: 25,000
Coarse Wheel Specs:
For those of you looking to smooth out scratches, scrapes, or casting lines, the Pryme coarse grade wheel is the ticket! Also works great for removal of rust, corrosion, and paint.
- Comparable to 180 grit sandpaper
- Max RPM: 25,000
Click on "Video" tab to see the wheels in use.
-Dremel or adapter not included.
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Sanding, Drum, Dremel Attachment, Buff, Buffing, Die Grinder Attachment, Kit, Mini, Pack
If you're using these wheels with a dremel tool adapter, here are some tool recommendations:
The Dremel tool I recommend Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Avid Rotary Tool Click Here
Tacklife Rotary Tool Click Here
If you're using these wheels with a die grinder adapter, here are some die grinder recommendations:
My recommended die grinder Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Ingersoll Rand Grinder Click Here
Neiko Grinder Click Here
If you don't have an air compressor, here is a good electric die grinder Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles!
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, I'd recommend getting some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that I use Click Here
And of course, always a good idea to wear gloves Click Here
- Install wheel onto adapter shaft and snug down mounting screw.
- Slide adapter shaft at least 3/4" into the tool, securely fasten, and get cleaning!
- Use the rough wheels for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheels for a smooth, brushed type finish
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
These things are awesome. They fit right on the Dremel tool and do a great job getting into those tight places.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated Patrick! Happy to hear you've had success with the wheels. Thanks for supporting Pryme!
I have just received my 32 piece multi pack. It is my second order from PRYME and will certainly NOT be the last. I use mine with an air grinder and it gives me the best results. All the pieces in the photo were either cleaned for painting or cleaned for polishing. The pipe is an old Pro Circuit that I planned on painting black. However, about 5 minutes in with the fine wheels I took a different route and went with the full polish. I am constantly amazed at how well these PRYME wheels work. I look at a piece of my project bike and think,"Can't fix that...." and am blown away over and over again by the end result. I will be a long time customer with this product.
Your feedback means the world Daniel, thank you for sharing that! I'm happy we could provide a product that makes a difference on your projects. Looking forward to working with you again soon!
Horse-shoes lying in the pit for last year covered in rust! Thought I try these out. Wow. Easily cleaned off the rust & old paint. I’m impressed! Now they are freshly painted & looking like new. Now make some polishing wheels for the dremmel!
Thanks for the great review Jeff, I'm happy to hear the products are working their magic for you! The horse shoes turned out awesome. Your business is much appreciated.
I restore vintage motorcycles. The flap wheels are great for aggressive material removal. To restore an aluminum side case or other parts, these flap wheels combined with the polishing wheels makes fast work of removing scars, scratches and nicks to get back to a polished part that looks new again. Be sure to get the correct rouge and sewn wheels for polishing if you want that mirror shine
I appreciate the great review Clay! It's good to hear the wheels are making a difference on your projects, looking forward to doing business with you again!