- How To Use
- 1/8" diameter shaft (designed to be used with a Dremel rotary tool)
- 2" long shaft
- Machined from stainless steel for excellent durability
- Includes stainless low profile mounting screw, so you won't be bumping into your workpiece with the screw head
- Template for creating your own size wheels is included as well
- Max RPM: 35,000
Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Sanding, Drum, Dremel Attachment, Buff, Buffing, Wheel Adapter, Adapter, Mandrel, Shank, Template
Designed to be used on a Dremel rotary tool, or could be used on a drill as well. The best results will come with them on a Dremel.
The Dremel tool I recommend Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Avid Rotary Tool Click Here
Tacklife Rotary Tool Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles!
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, I'd recommend getting some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that I use Click Here
And of course, always a good idea to wear gloves Click Here
- Cut out desired wheel size from template, or mount pre cut wheel onto the adapter.
- Slide adapter shaft at least 3/4" into the tool, securely fasten, and get cleaning!
- Use the rough wheels for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheels for a smooth, brushed type finish
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated James! Thanks for supporting Pryme!
Nothing to said or maybe make some in 3"1/2 long also for deeper port.
Thanks for sharing your review Patrick! I'm happy to hear they're working well for you. Unfortunately, the Dremel adapter cannot be made any longer, it will bend because of the small shaft size that the Dremel uses. The die grinder adapters are available in an extended length however.
This is a replacement for my first dremel adapter that failed. Apparently the design has changed and this version seems much more stout. I've used it already a few times with no issues.
Thanks for your feedback on the adapter, I'm happy to hear we were able to correct this for you. Your business is much appreciated!
Worked great and sent quickly. Ty
I appreciate your review David! Happy to hear you're satisfied with your order.
I tried to make the standard dremel adapter work but just didn’t cut it (pin sort of intended) so I waited and got this. Works like a charm. Very high quality for a little part and really made a difference getting into small areas. The shiny bits in this pic were done using both the Dremel and the larger wheels on a grinder. Love all the products I’ve gotten. Thanks Cam!
Looks great JP, I'm happy I could get you the parts you needed to tackle your project! Thanks for sharing your review!