- How To Use
Clean out your dirty and corroded bearing bores in preparation for new bearings with a Pryme cleaning wheel. Having a clean surface allows new bearings to press in easier and straighter.
- Mounts on a die grinder
- 1" diameter x 1" wide x 1/4" shaft (best used with a die grinder, can be used on a high speed drill too).
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper
- Perfect for cleaning in bearing bores on parts like shock linkage, swingarms, wheel hubs, steering heads, or any inside bore.
- Max RPM: 25,000
- Sold individually or in a pack of 3 or 5 to save you some cash!
-Die grinder not included
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Use a Flap Wheel for more aggressive sanding.
A 2" Cleaning Wheel is available for larger surfaces.
This wheel is designed to be used on an air die grinder, or could be used on a drill as well. The best results will come with it on a die grinder.
My recommended die grinder Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Ingersoll Rand Grinder Click Here
Neiko Grinder Click Here
If you don't have an air compressor, here is a good electric die grinder Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles! At the bare minimum, wear a dust mask and glasses.
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, I'd recommend getting some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that I use Click Here
And of course, always a good idea to wear gloves Click Here
- Slide the shaft of the wheel into the tool at least 3/4” deep and tighten lock nut.
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- Applying a lubricant such as WD40 or Maxima MPPL to the part during sanding will help acheive a smoother finish.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it. Adjust the orientation of the part accordingly.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Cleaned up all my parts very nice so definitely recomend
Thanks for sharing your review Mark! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
You can't go wrong with anything you purchase. The Pryme wheels and the service is top notch. Will not purchase anywhere else. Thanks for all you do!!
Thanks for the great review Kris! Your support of Pryme is much appreciated!
Bearing Bore Cleaning Wheel
Thanks for your review David!
Great products! I go to Prymmx for all my abrazive wheels, there is noyhing else out there like them that I have found! Great cusromer service with a personal touch.
I appreciate your thoughts on the products Michael! Happy to hear they're working out well for you, thanks for your continued trust in Pryme.
I have yet to buy something that isn’t stellar from prymemx. Great products for a great price. Works wonders for my rm250 build. Thanks Cam