- How To
- Right and Left Frame Guards
- Clutch Cover Guard
- Ignition Cover Guard
See our other listings to purchase these separately.
What Do They Do?
- Protects the coating or metal on your frame and engine covers
- Adds grip
- Covers up worn looking frames and engine covers
- Gives your bike a clean look
What Are They?
These are thick vinyl protectors that have a very strong adhesive backing. They apply easily but don't add bulk to your bike. These are not made from sandpaper type material, so they will not wear down your boots and riding gear.
Keep in mind, these guards do not last forever. The lifetime of them depends on the care taken while installing, as well as your riding style. Protecting your engine and frame with guards is much cheaper and easier than refinishing your frame or engine covers every few months due to wear and tear on the coatings/metal.
Image may not be an exact representation of the guards for your model, but you will receive the correct guards for your bike.
- Guards come in a textured 0.7mm material
- Extreme high adhesion allows guards to stay in place
- Perfect fit ensures edges do not peel up prematurely
- All black design with model of bike (on engine) and Pryme logo printed into guards
- Engine guards features a corner guard, which prevents peeling in high wear areas
- Adheres to aluminum, steel, plastic, powder coat, and cerakote
- Saves you some cash over buying the guards individually
- 100% made in the USA!
Some engine guards may have a cutout around raised lettering, such as on CR125 models. These only fit on stock frames and engine covers.
How To Install Guards
- Have a heat gun or hair dryer on hand.
- Do not use any type of water, windex, or soap solution while installing guards.
- Install guards in a warm area to help them adhere and conform better.
- Remove any glue, dirt, or grease from frame or cover.
- Clean surface with isopropyl alcohol or contact cleaner, and let dry.
- Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm up the surface and guard if temperature is below 60F.
- Peel part of the paper backing away, and line up guard at the most detailed part.
- Be sure not to touch the part surface or adhesive with your bare hands.
- Once you are happy with the alignment, tack the guard down at the center and work your way from the center towards the edges.
- If the guard is off center or an air bubble starts to form, you can carefully peel up the guard to correct.
- As you get to the edges and tighter spots, creases may start to form. Add a small amount of heat to stretch the guard so it lays flat.
- Do not apply excessive heat, as this may melt the guard.
- If your cover or frame has tight crevices, use a soft rubber or plastic edge to help press the guard into those spots.
- Once the guard is fully tacked in place, heat the guard again while applying pressure. This is very important to the adhesion of the guard, so make sure you don't skip this step.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Guards
- When installing the guard, make 100% sure the surface is clean and the edges are not hanging off the part.
- It is not recommended to use boots with steel toe caps, as this will wear out guards much quicker.
- If you notice an edge start to peel up, apply heat and tack it back down or lightly trim the edge.
- If using a pressure washer to clean your bike, take caution around the guards.
Removing Old Guards
- Before removing a worn guard, apply heat to help soften up the adhesive, this will also prevent adhesive from being left behind.
- If adhesive is left afterwards, tack the old guard over the adhesive and this will help peel it up. Use a contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol to remove any leftover adhesive.
Tags: Grip Tape, Frame Tape, Engine Tape, Clutch Cover Guard, Flywheel Cover Guard, Ignition Cover Guard, Engine Cover, Frame Grip, Engine Grip, Frame Covers, Engine Guard
Man these are absolutely awesome. They could not have fit better and were so simple. So far they have withstood about 5 pressure washes after riding and they haven't came up at all. 5 stars for sure. Fitment, shipment, availability, friendliness, this product will last.
Thanks for the great feedback on the guards Taylor! Happy to see they're holding up well for you, they turned out great on your bike. Your support of Pryme is much appreciated.
Excellent quality and great products. Figment was pretty good but I had to slightly trim the engine guards in one spot. Shortly after installing them Cam contacted me stating he may have sent the wrong products. No questions asked he said he would gladly ship me the correct year guards free of charge. Even with the incorrect year guards they look great so no need I told him. I'll continue to order them from Pryme for all my bikes as they wear out.
Thanks for the great feedback on the guards Seth! They looks incredible on there. It means a lot to have your support of Pryme!