- How To Use
The Pryme wheel adapter allows you to mount a cleaning wheel onto your die grinder or any 1/4" rotary tool. The extended length is great for those hard to reach areas and cleaning inside bores.
- 1/4" diameter shaft (designed to be used with an air die grinder or drill)
- 4" long shaft
- Machined from 303 stainless steel for excellent durability
- Includes stainless low profile mounting screw, so you won't be bumping into your workpiece with the screw head
- Template for creating your own size wheels is included as well
- Max RPM: 25,000
Does not include wheel or grinder tool. Do not use with wheels thicker than 1/2". Meant to be used with Pryme Mini Cleaning Wheels or worn down Pryme Cleaning Wheels.Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Sanding, Drum, Buff, Buffing, Die Grinder Attachment, Wheel Adapter, Adapter, Mandrel, Shank, Template
This adapter is designed to be used on an air die grinder, or could be used on a drill as well. The best results will come with them on a die grinder.
My recommended die grinder Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Ingersoll Rand Grinder Click Here
Neiko Grinder Click Here
If you don't have an air compressor, here is a good electric die grinder Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles!
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, I'd recommend getting some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that I use Click Here
And of course, always a good idea to wear gloves Click Here
- Cut out desired wheel size from template, or mount pre cut wheel onto the adapter.
- Slide adapter shaft at least 3/4" into the tool, securely fasten, and get cleaning!
- Use the rough wheels for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheels for a smooth, brushed type finish
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Tracking Information Tracking numbers will be uploaded to the order page and sent to your email inbox. It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking page to show the most recent information.
We are not to be held responsible for stolen or lost packages, packages sent to the wrong address, or refunding/replacing packages in these scenarios. It is the customer's responsibility to file all shipping claims.
Returns We accept returns within 14 days after your item has been delivered. If 14 days have gone by since your item was delivered, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. To initiate a return please send us an email at email@example.com. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. The item must be unused / unworn and original tags attached. No returns allowed on sale/clearance items.
Refunds Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days.
Late or Missing Refunds If you haven’t received a refund for your return yet, first check your bank account. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping Costs You will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs of your item. Additionally, the original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Exchanges If you need to exchange an item, please see our refund policy above and include exchange instructions with the return. We do not offer exchanges on out of stock items. If the item is out of stock then we will refund you instead. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs on exchanges.
Incorrect or Defected Item If we made a mistake with your order, please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide a return label if an exchange needs to be made. You must notify us within 14 days of delivery of any defects with the item. Any claims past 14 days will be considered wear and tear, and cannot be replaced.
Great products! Even a handwritten thank you note!!
Thanks for your review Joni! Your business is greatly appreciated!