Stop stripping out screw heads! If you own a motorcycle (or car, bicycle, camera, etc) that is made in Japan, you need a set of Japanese Industry Standard (JIS) screwdrivers.
- Sold in a set of 3, or as individual screwdrivers as well
- Made in Japan
- #1 - 6" long (mostly used on M3 & M4 thread screws)
- #2 - 8" long (commonly used on M5 & M6 thread screws)
- #3 - 10" long (commonly used on M6 & M8 thread screws)
- Magnetic tip ensures screws stay on screwdriver
- The tang through design (steel shaft from end to end) allows you to tap on the handle of screwdriver to help loosen screws
- Textured rubber grip prevents the screwdriver from slipping in your hand
- Each driver is marked with it's size, ensuring you use the correct screwdriver each time
We all know how frustrating it is when the head of a screw is damaged to the point it cannot be removed. Many times this occurs because an incorrect screwdriver is used.
Anything manufactured in Japan uses a JIS type screw head, not a Phillips. JIS and Phillips tips look very similar, but upon further inspection the JIS head is quite different. The point of the JIS tip is shorter, and the angles are sharper. A Phillips tip is designed to "cam out" or spin in the screw after a certain amount of torque, which is why the edges are more rounded. Using a Phillips screwdriver in a JIS screw usually results in a few swear words and having to drill the screw out.
Most of the time, a JIS screw can be identified with a dot or "X" mark on the head of the screw. Another way to tell if a screw is JIS is if a JIS screwdriver can hold the screw horizontally without the screw falling out.
So whether you have a Honda motorcycle, Toyota truck, Canon camera, or anything else produced in Japan, a set of JIS style screwdrivers will come in handy.
Tags: Japanese Screwdrivers, JIS Screwdrivers, Screw Driver, Phillips Screwdriver, #1, #2, #3 Japanese Industry Standard
Incredible tool for front master cylinder cover screws!
Thanks for the great review Kevin! Happy to hear the drivers are working well for you.
As soon as you place it in your hand, you know immediately that it’s a quality tool. I should’ve purchased the whole set. Keep up the good work, Cam.
Thanks for the great review Mark! It's good to hear positive feedback on the drivers.