- How To Use
The Pryme ultimate cleaning wheel pack will suit all of your cleaning needs from big to small, and will save you some cash compared to buying them separately.
This pack includes a total of 10 wheels and an adapter to mount the mini cleaning wheels on either a dremel or die grinder.
The following wheels are included:
- Large Fine Cleaning Wheel (Choose between 6" & 8")
- Large Rough Cleaning Wheel (Choose between 6" & 8")
- 2.5" Fine Mini Cleaning Wheel
- 2" Fine Mini Cleaning Wheel
- 1.5" Fine Mini Cleaning Wheel
- 1" Fine Mini Cleaning Wheel
- 2.5" Rough Mini Cleaning Wheel
- 2" Rough Mini Cleaning Wheel
- 1.5" Rough Mini Cleaning Wheel
- 1" Rough Mini Cleaning Wheel
The large wheels are for a bench grinder and the mini wheels are available for either dremel or die grinder tools.
- Use the rough wheels for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheels for a smooth, brushed type finish
- Works great for paint preparation too
- Best for aluminum, but can be used on steel, stainless steel, and brass with great results (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion).
- Proudly made in the USA
Fine Wheel Specs:
Bring your old parts back from the dead with a Pryme fine cleaning wheel. Cleans, brightens, and leaves behind a brushed type finish.
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper
- 3/8" thick
- Max RPM: 25,000 for mini, 3600 for large
Rough Wheel Specs:
For those of you looking to smooth out scratches, scrapes, or casting lines, the Pryme rough grade wheel is the ticket! Also works great for removal of rust, corrosion, and paint.
- Comparable to 180 grit sandpaper
- Max RPM: 25,000 for mini, 3600 for large
The larger cleaning wheels come with a 1/2" center hole but can be used on 1/2" (12.7mm), 5/8" (16mm), and 3/4" (19mm) buffer shaft sizes, just thread the wheel onto the shaft.
Looking for the big washers that hold the wheel in place?
Click on "Video" tab to see the wheels in use.
-Bench grinder, dremel, or die grinder not included
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
The Wheel Flange Set keep the wheels securely in place.
Space the wheels away from the machine with a Wheel Spacer.
Purchase the wheels separately here.
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Sanding, Drum, Dremel Attachment, Buff, Buffing, Die Grinder Attachment, Kit, Mini, Pack, Bench Grinder, Buffer
The large wheels are designed to be used on a buffing machine or bench grinder. They can be used on a machine with a 1/2", 5/8", or 3/4" shaft. For a buffing machine, you'll want at least a 1/2 HP motor that spins at least 3000 RPM. One with an extended shaft is best, so you have lots of clearance to buff your parts.
If you'll be doing lots of buffing, opt for a 3/4 HP motor. Also, a 2 speed (typically 1800/3600 RPM) machine offers more versatility and is a great option.
Personally, this is the machine I use (Baldor motor, will last a lifetime) Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Eastwood Single Speed Click Here
Eastwood Dual Speed Click Here
Great Economy Buffer Click Here
If you have an existing machine but need the big washers that hold the wheels in place Click Here
If you need spacers for the wheel Click Here
To extend the shaft on your buffer Click Here
To use the wheels on a drill Click Here
The Dremel kit is designed to be used on a Dremel or rotary tool that uses a 1/8" shaft size.
The Dremel tool I recommend Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Avid Rotary Tool Click Here
Tacklife Rotary Tool Click Here
The die grinder kit is designed to be used on an air die grinder or rotary tool that uses a 1/4" shaft size.
My recommended die grinder Click Here
Some cheaper alternatives:
Ingersoll Rand Grinder Click Here
Neiko Grinder Click Here
If you don't have an air compressor, here is a good electric die grinder Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust me, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles!
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, I'd recommend getting some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that I use Click Here
And of course, always a good idea to wear gloves Click Here
- Use the rough for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheels for a smooth, brushed type finish
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it. Adjust the orientation of the part accordingly.
- The sweet spot to buff on the wheel is between 4 and 5 o’clock. Look at your buffing machine from the left side, and picture where 4 and 5 o’clock are on the wheels. That is where you will want the part to touch the wheel when buffing.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Tracking Information Tracking numbers will be uploaded to the order page and sent to your email inbox. It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking page to show the most recent information.
We are not to be held responsible for stolen or lost packages, packages sent to the wrong address, or refunding/replacing packages in these scenarios. It is the customer's responsibility to file all shipping claims.
Returns We accept returns within 14 days after your item has been delivered. If 14 days have gone by since your item was delivered, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. To initiate a return please send us an email at email@example.com. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. The item must be unused / unworn and original tags attached. No returns allowed on sale/clearance items.
Refunds Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days.
Late or Missing Refunds If you haven’t received a refund for your return yet, first check your bank account. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping Costs You will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs of your item. Additionally, the original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Exchanges If you need to exchange an item, please see our refund policy above and include exchange instructions with the return. We do not offer exchanges on out of stock items. If the item is out of stock then we will refund you instead. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs on exchanges.
Incorrect or Defected Item If we made a mistake with your order, please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide a return label if an exchange needs to be made. You must notify us within 14 days of delivery of any defects with the item. Any claims past 14 days will be considered wear and tear, and cannot be replaced.
It’s rare to find this type of product and service these days. I have been in this industry 20 years now, and Cameron knows how to take care of customers. 10/10 recommend.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated Robert! It means a lot to hear such positive comments. Thanks for supporting Pryme!
Every product I use, is excellent. Very happy with all the products.
Thanks for the great review Richard! Your business is much appreciated!
Got an old 05 kx250f project on the go and a couple of run down parts that I cleaned up with the pryme mx wheels and they made the bike look seriously better
I’m only 18 and from the uk and was really shocked at how quick them come and really enjoyed using them and seeing the difference
Thanks for sharing your review Oliver, your feedback is much appreciated! Happy to hear you are satisfied with the product and service. Looking forward to doing business again!
These are the best cleaning wheel! The make cleaning old engine parts super easy. Also, they make the aluminum look brand new.
Your feedback is much appreciated Cole! Happy to hear the wheels have made a difference for you. Thanks for your support of Pryme!
These wheels are seriously good. I've been able to clean up, shine and just generally beautify my clapped out bike and my 01 CR250 frame and components. I'll definitely be buying more when these wear out.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated David! Thanks for sharing your review! Happy to hear the products are making a difference for you.