- How To Use
Bring your old parts back from the dead with a Pryme fine cleaning wheel. Your buddies will be so impressed they'll be stealing your wheels behind your back so you better stock up! Available in 4", 6", and 8" diameter.
- Mounts on a bench grinder / buffing machine, but can be used on a drill as well.
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper.
- 3/8" thick x 1/2" center hole (can be used on 1/2" (12.7mm), 5/8" (16mm), and 3/4" (19mm) buffer shafts, just thread the wheel onto the shaft).
- Best for aluminum, but can be used on steel, stainless steel, and brass with great results.
- Achieves a brushed type finish, use the Pryme Rough Wheels for scratch removal and material shaping.
- Works great for paint preparation too.
- Max RPM: 3600.
- Sold individually, or in packs of 3, 5, 10, and 20 to save you some cash!
- Cleans and brightens metals such as aluminum, steels, titanium, brass, and others (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion).
- Proudly made in the USA.
- The larger the wheel, the longer it will last. The smaller wheels work better in tighter areas however and also cost a bit less.
Click on "Video" tab to see the wheel in use.
-Buffer motor or stand not included
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
The Wheel Flange Set keep the wheels securely in place.
Space the wheels away from the machine with a Wheel Spacer.
Check out the video below of the wheel working it's magic. Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Buff, Buffing, Scotch Brite Wheel, Scotch Brite Pad, Abrasive Wheel, Abrasive Pad, Buffing Wheel, Buffing Pad
These wheels are designed to be used on a buffing machine or bench grinder. They can be used on a machine with a 1/2", 5/8", or 3/4" shaft. For a buffing machine, you'll want at least a 1/2 HP motor that spins at 3000 RPM. One with an extended shaft is best, so you have lots of clearance to buff your parts. If you'll be doing lots of buffing, opt for a 3/4 HP motor.
2 Speed 3/4 HP Baldor Buffer (will last a lifetime)
If you have a machine but need the big washers that hold the wheels in place Click Here
To space the wheels away from the machine for more clearance Click Here
To extend the shaft on your buffer Click Here
To use the wheels on a drill Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust us, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles! At the bare minimum, wear a dust mask and glasses.
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, it's recommended to get some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that we use Click Here
- Secure wheel to buffer shaft with a flange on either side. On some wheels, you may have to spin the wheel to help it onto the shaft on the larger 5/8" and 3/4" shaft sizes.
- Tighten down the nut until the wheel is secure on the shaft and doesn’t spin (use a spacer if your nut bottoms out on the threads).
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it. Adjust the orientation of the part accordingly.
- The sweet spot to buff on the wheel is between 4 and 5 o’clock. Look at your buffing machine from the left side, and picture where 4 and 5 o’clock are on the wheels. That is where you will want the part to touch the wheel when buffing.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Tracking Information Tracking numbers will be uploaded to the order page and sent to your email inbox. It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking page to show the most recent information.
We are not to be held responsible for stolen or lost packages, packages sent to the wrong address, or refunding/replacing packages in these scenarios. It is the customer's responsibility to file all shipping claims.
Returns We accept returns within 14 days after your item has been delivered. If 14 days have gone by since your item was delivered, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. To initiate a return please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. The item must be unused / unworn and original tags attached. No returns allowed on sale/clearance items.
Refunds Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days.
Late or Missing Refunds If you haven’t received a refund for your return yet, first check your bank account. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Shipping Costs You will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs of your item. Additionally, the original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Exchanges If you need to exchange an item, please see our refund policy above and include exchange instructions with the return. We do not offer exchanges on out of stock items. If the item is out of stock then we will refund you instead. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs on exchanges.
Incorrect or Defected Item If we made a mistake with your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide a return label if an exchange needs to be made. You must notify us within 14 days of delivery of any defects with the item. Any claims past 14 days will be considered wear and tear, and cannot be replaced.
Just received my rough and fine discs yesterday, and after using the 3M scotch-brite products previously, I want to let you know that your product is FAR superior.
These discs do a nicer job and they LAST!
I'd like to do what I can to promote your products - please let me know what's the best forum to do this.
Your feedback is greatly valued! Happy that you found us as a solution to your buffing needs. Thanks for your business!
Happy to see the wheels are working well for you Tim! Your feedback is much appreciated.
Since discovering the pads detailing parts is so much better less elbow grease, couldn't do without them !!!
Your review and feedback is greatly appreciated Jeff! Happy to hear the wheels have made a difference for you.
These tools make my bike parts and other parts look new again. I recommend them as a need to have, especially if you want the parts you're working on to look fantastic
Thanks for sharing your review Scott! Happy to hear you're satisfied with your purchase and the wheels are making a difference on your projects. Your business is greatly appreciated!
If you do any type of restoration or clean up, you MUST have these in your garage. I will not be without these on any project. Cuts time spent cleaning up parts and hardware drastically and the results are amazing. Thanks Cam for a great product at a great price. 👍
Thanks for the review Robert, happy to hear the wheels have been making a difference on your projects! Your support of Pryme is greatly valued. Looking forward to working with you again.