- How To Use
The Pryme cleaning wheel pack includes (1) fine grade wheel and (1) rough grade wheel. Available in 4", 6", and 8" diameter.
- Mounts on a bench grinder / buffing machine, but can be used on a drill with decent results too.
- Use the rough wheel for scratch removal and aggressive sanding, use the fine wheel for a smooth, brushed type finish.
- Works great for paint preparation too.
- Best for aluminum, but can be used on steel, stainless steel, and brass with great results (steel and brass must be coated afterwards to prevent rust and corrosion).
- Proudly made in the USA.
- The larger the wheel, the longer it will last. The smaller wheels work better in tighter areas however and also cost a bit less.
Fine Wheel Specs:
Bring your old parts back from the dead with a Pryme fine cleaning wheel. Cleans, brightens, and leaves behind a brushed type finish.
- Comparable to 400 grit sandpaper
- 3/8" thick x 1/2" center hole (can be used on 1/2" (12.7mm), 5/8" (16mm), and 3/4" (19mm) buffer shaft sizes, just thread the wheel onto the shaft)
- Max RPM: 3600
Rough Wheel Specs:
For those of you looking to smooth out scratches, scrapes, or casting lines, the Pryme rough grade wheel is the ticket! Also works great for removal of rust, corrosion, and paint.
- Comparable to 180 grit sandpaper
- 3/8" thick x 1/2" center hole (can be used on 1/2", 5/8", and 3/4" buffer shaft sizes)
- Max RPM: 3600
Click on "Video" tab to see the wheels in use.
-Buffer motor or stand not included
-Always wear a dust mask or respirator and proper eye protection while buffing!
Secure your wheels in place with a Wheel Flange Set
Space the wheels away from the machine with Wheel Spacers
Check out the videos below of the wheels working their magic.
Tags: Cleaning, Pad, Wheel, Scuff, Scotch, Abrasive, Buff, Buffing, Scotch Brite Wheel, Scotch Brite Pad, Abrasive Wheel, Abrasive Pad, Buffing Wheel, Buffing Pad
These wheels are designed to be used on a buffing machine or bench grinder. They can be used on a machine with a 1/2", 5/8", or 3/4" shaft. For a buffing machine, you'll want at least a 1/2 HP motor that spins at 3000 RPM. One with an extended shaft is best, so you have lots of clearance to buff your parts. If you'll be doing lots of buffing, opt for a 3/4 HP motor.
2 Speed 3/4 HP Baldor Buffer (will last a lifetime)
If you have a machine but need the big washers that hold the wheels in place Click Here
To space the wheels away from the machine for more clearance Click Here
To extend the shaft on your buffer Click Here
To use the wheels on a drill Click Here
Whenever you're doing any sort of grinding or sanding you'll want to use eye and respiratory protection. Trust us, you do not want to be breathing in metal particles! At the bare minimum, wear a dust mask and glasses.
A great product for protecting yourself is this respirator Click Here
Alternatively, this is also a great respirator to pair up with safety glasses Click Here
Use these filters with the previously mentioned respirators Click Here
If you're doing lots of buffing, it's recommended to get some sort of ventilation like this exhaust fan that we use Click Here
- Secure wheel to buffer shaft with a flange on either side. On some wheels, you may have to spin the wheel to help it onto the shaft on the larger 5/8" and 3/4" shaft sizes.
- Tighten down the nut until the wheel is secure on the shaft and doesn’t spin (use a spacer if your nut bottoms out on the threads).
- Remove as much grease, oil, and dirt as you can before using the wheels, so you’re not contaminating them.
- Sand or buff in the same direction if you’re going for a brushed look. Intersecting scratches do not look good.
- Try to buff evenly across the part so you don't end up with dips or low spots.
- Use light pressure with the wheel or you'll wear it out prematurely. If you need to apply heavy pressure, you should go to a more aggressive wheel. Refer to buffing chart below.
- In order to make the wheels last as long as possible, stay away from sharp edges. The direction of the wheel should be spinning away from an edge and not towards it. Adjust the orientation of the part accordingly.
- The sweet spot to buff on the wheel is between 4 and 5 o’clock. Look at your buffing machine from the left side, and picture where 4 and 5 o’clock are on the wheels. That is where you will want the part to touch the wheel when buffing.
- Refer to the buffing chart below for the proper wheels to use with each metal type, as well as the steps to achieve the desired finish.
- If you have problems achieving a good finish, refer to the troubleshooting guide below.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator and eye protection while buffing!
- A clear ceramic coating will protect your part after buffing.
- Steel and magnesium parts must be protected with a coating, bare steel will rust quickly and magnesium corrodes in a matter of hours. Stainless steel and aluminum can be left bare without corrosion issues, as long as you keep the parts clean and out of the weather during storage.
- To achieve a consistent brushed look on larger parts, finish it by hand with a hand pad, going in the same direction you were buffing in.
Tracking Information Tracking numbers will be uploaded to the order page and sent to your email inbox. It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking page to show the most recent information.
We are not to be held responsible for stolen or lost packages, packages sent to the wrong address, or refunding/replacing packages in these scenarios. It is the customer's responsibility to file all shipping claims.
Returns We accept returns within 14 days after your item has been delivered. If 14 days have gone by since your item was delivered, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. To initiate a return please send us an email at email@example.com. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. The item must be unused / unworn and original tags attached. No returns allowed on sale/clearance items.
Refunds Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days.
Late or Missing Refunds If you haven’t received a refund for your return yet, first check your bank account. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping Costs You will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs of your item. Additionally, the original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Exchanges If you need to exchange an item, please see our refund policy above and include exchange instructions with the return. We do not offer exchanges on out of stock items. If the item is out of stock then we will refund you instead. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs on exchanges.
Incorrect or Defected Item If we made a mistake with your order, please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide a return label if an exchange needs to be made. You must notify us within 14 days of delivery of any defects with the item. Any claims past 14 days will be considered wear and tear, and cannot be replaced.
Project came out amazing! Not only did the Cleaning Wheel pack work remarkably, but they’re affordable! The deal of the month free flap wheel was so nice for the small spots too! These are a MUST HAVE for your tool box, and the service from Prymemx is unmatched!
Your feedback is much appreciated Jarrett, thanks for sharing those pictures along with your review! It means a lot to have your business.
Cleaning Wheel Pack
Thanks for sharing your review! Was there an issue with the product or service? I noticed you left a 1 star review.
Please let me know if there's a problem so I can help. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently purchased the Cleaning Wheel Pack to use on my dirt bike and it did not disappoint! The product is fantastic and will absolutely not disappoint. I highly recommend getting them as I will be grabbing more for myself as well! 5 Stars.
Beautiful work on that silencer Scott, thanks for sharing pictures along with your review! Your business is greatly appreciated!
Cleaning Wheel Pack
Thanks for sharing your review Gary! Your business is much appreciated.
I absolutely love these cleaning wheels they are helping me make my 07 Honda Cr250 build look awesome, I’ve used the coarse wheels on my triple clamps to smooth hard lines and the fine wheels to bring that shine and they are awesome and Cams videos are awesome too if you need some info on using them, great product and great company
Great work on those parts Chad, happy to hear the products are making a difference on your project! Thanks for sharing those pictures and supporting Pryme!